Wednesday 21 November 2007

Christmas Tree Festival Holy Cross Church



Well, the tree is done and is on display in the church near the choir stalls. I used an old fake fir I found in the workshop and bent the branches back into some kind of tree shape and decorated it. The theme is 'Props' and I used facsimiles of objects employed as props in various past productions such as the ruby necklace in 'Sleuth' and - well, go and see for yourself.
The trees are on display from 23rd November to 6th January and I believe that there will be 51!
There are still a few spaces on ours so if anyone has any further ideas let us hear from you.

Posted by Upstager at 11:03 AM 1 comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last Xmas I attended a Nativity play in which my grandchildren were to play signifcant parts. As I left the church at the end I overheard a couple smugly commenting that they were so glad that there was no Xmas tree in the chuuch 'it was',they said,'just a pagan symbol after all'. I could not stop the reply that Xmas was a pagan ritual anyway, so why no tree. I then made my excuses and left, like the proverbial News of the World reporter.

I thought about this incident last Sunday when I popped into the church to look at the trees, mostly of course, our own .It was wonderful anfd fun. I thought about Rough's line three weeks ago in 'Gaslight'about a stand against the worlds pain. There is an awful lot of pain in this world and to see a church filled with fun and happiness was so refreshing.

Well done Brenda our tree was fun and full of happy memories for us all. fancyflier