Sunday 25 November 2007

Rest and Unrest

I've just been to see 'our' Christmas tree in Holy Cross church - and what a wonderful little gem it is. Being as how I always get hold of the wrong end of the stick, I had expected to see life size props - the golden shoe from Sleuth - or even the one arm bandit - and talking of bandits, the 'cuffs from Gaslight hung on something that had already made a serious contribution to alleviating the carbon problem. Silly me! Nevermind, the 'patio'sized tree is just so well done that it ought to win a prize and congrats to Upstager for all her effort and creative ability. Do go and see it before it's too late. We are resolved to enter a EuropaWorld tree of a labels tree next year, though I fear we shall be upstaged by...er....Upstager.

Now, on the 12th Night thingy. I asked whether Lloyd was going to be writing the scripts and seeing as people (well one person) have commented favorably on my Saki blog and even suggested 'The Unrest Cure' as a title for the next episode, I was wondering whether Lloyd might be persuaded to dip into Saki for inspiration for the 12th night scripts? The Quest is my all time favourite and I think that could be turned into a script as indeed could the Unrest Cure - though that story, though very funny, either teeters vicariously but happily on the brink of political incorrectness or falls into a Wagnerian chasm of unmentionability depending on your sensitivities.

Did anyone take photos of last year's 12th night, by the way?

6 comments:

Latte-drinker said...

Europeworld is so absolutely right about the PC of "unrest".
I once did a spoof version which involved the complete removal of Maidenhead from the face of the earth.
Or was it Wales?
Memories.....

Anonymous said...

My favourite is Sredni Vashtar, but that is hardly suitable for Christmas, or even the hangover of Christmas. Tobermory (the cat that talked) could be fun.

EuropaWorld said...

I did try, Zeb, to write a script for Tobermory - but failed. The language skips off the page, but as dialogue it sounds awfully flat and turgid. But maybe Lloyd would be up to the task.

Upstager said...

I thought that Lloyd took some photos. In fact, I am sure as upstager has a couple of rather unflattering ones of herself, flushed and raddled.

EuropaWorld said...

I would love to see a photo of you flushed and raddled - won't you post them?

Upstager said...

Certainly not - anyway Lloyd has the originals.
Perhaps we could arrange a private viewing.....